Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error

When trying to check my disks I receive this message on Onyx... what or how can I solve the issue?

Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed

Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:40 PM

I've received the same message.

I've just installed a new Crucial SSD MX100 to my old MacBook Pro 3,1 (2007) with latest version of Yosemite. All seems ok, system works very well and very fast, but after install Onyx I've received the same message:

Is there something bad with my new SSD or just Onyx is not good cheking SSD drives?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 1:40 PM in response to laurafromgrand brassac

I've received the same message.

I've just installed a new Crucial SSD MX100 to my old MacBook Pro 3,1 (2007) with latest version of Yosemite. All seems ok, system works very well and very fast, but after install Onyx I've received the same message:

Is there something bad with my new SSD or just Onyx is not good cheking SSD drives?

Apr 13, 2015 6:58 PM in response to laurafromgrand brassac

Hi, I too am having this issue with an external drive after installing a new internal drive. The external drive can be identified using the diskutil list command from terminal but when I try to verify or repair the volume both in Disk Utility and from terminal I get the following message:

The volume could not be verified completely

File system check exit code is 8

Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required

I am unable to fix the disk from single user mode since it is an external drive and not a bootable disk. Is there any other way that this disk can be repaired?

Jul 29, 2015 3:58 AM in response to laurafromgrand brassac

I have a similar problem as well. But my situation is reinstalling OS Yosemite, through online recovery or USB bootable OS Installer, it didn't work. Took a long time for it to install and the similar problem occured. Code=-69845. When I try to repair my disk, it showed file check exit code is 8. What can I do now? Any solution yet?

Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.