Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp 7 red epic 4k log and transfer and colour

Hi

My current project was shot on the Red Epic in 4k. I used Davinci Resolve to transcode the footage to Apple ProRes Proxy and edited in FCP 7.

The edit is pretty much locked I need to get some shots over to are VFX guys and they want the footage as DXP Apple ProRes 4444.

Now I tried creating these in Colour but I found that this created a black frame around the shot. I have tried just taking in it into FCP 7 through the log and transfer but when I imported it it comes out at 1920x1080.

I don't have the full version of Davinci Resolve either so any shot I try and export the maximum it can do is 1920x1080.

I am sure there is something really obvious I am missing with this workflow but any suggestion as to what I can do would be much appreciated.

From Mike

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 1:04 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2014 2:41 AM in response to mpike123

You'll need to get a full version of Resolve and send an EDL to that, relink to the master footage and export what is needed. Because you can't batch capture this in FCP, because you didn't use LOG AND TRANSFER to begin with. You can try to manually L&T the original footage...meaning note the source clip name, and TCs, and import that footage via L&T.

fcp 7 red epic 4k log and transfer and colour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.