Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No anwser from server software update (192.0.0.240)

I've this message when I'm trying to connect to App Store for update :

in french : aucune réponse du serveur de mises à jour de logiciel (192.0.0.240).

in english : no answer from the sofware update server (192.0.0.240).

I don't know what to do...

Thanks

Steve

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 9:24 AM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2014 11:59 AM in response to 3HundredYears

Your system is configured to download updates from a private server, not from Apple. That server isn't working or isn't reachable. If you're bound to a network directory server, or if you're behind a firewall that doesn't allow downloading updates directly from Apple, your network administrator has to solve the problem. Otherwise, proceed as follows.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder…

from the menu bar. Paste into the box that opens (command-V), then press return.

A Finder window will open with a file selected. Delete the selected file. You may be prompted for your administrator password. Restart the computer and try Software Update again.

Aug 5, 2014 6:26 AM in response to 3HundredYears

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Select

/var/log install.log

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen. The contents of the log will appear on the right. Each log message begins with a timestamp. Select the messages from the time of the last installation or update attempt. If you're not sure when that was, click the Clear Display button in the toolbar of the Console window and then try the installation again. Select the new messages that appear. Copy the messages to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message (command-V).

☞ If there are runs of repeated messages, post only one example of each. Don’t post many repetitions of the same message.

☞ When posting a log extract, be selective. Don't post more than is requested.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

☞ Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

☞ Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting. You may need to use a text editor with search and replace, such as TextEdit.

Jul 2, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Linc Davis

Sorry to go back to this post, but I have exactly the same problem on my 2d mac and this is the only post on the web that exist for this problem.

- So i tried to delete the file in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist , restarted the computer and the problem was not solved.

- Next i went in "Console" utiliy, remove the history and click on "updates" on the App Store, this is my result (there are some words in french but I cant translate if needed)

Jul 2 23:03:41 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: Scan for changed products with previous 0 updates:

Jul 2 23:03:41 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: SoftwareUpdate: Scan for client pid 318 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Software Update.app/Contents/Resources/softwareupdated)

Jul 2 23:04:42 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: SoftwareUpdate: elapsed scan time = 61.0

Jul 2 23:04:42 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: SoftwareUpdate: Error encountered in scan: Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "Aucune réponse du serveur de mises à jour de logiciels (192.0.0.240)." UserInfo=0x7fa309c19570 {SUCatalogFetchOverrideURLString=http://192.0.0.240:8088/index.sucatalog, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Vérifiez que votre connexion réseau fonctionne correctement. Si la connexion ne présente aucun problème, contactez l’administrateur du réseau pour obtenir de l’assistance., NSLocalizedDescription=Aucune réponse du serveur de mises à jour de logiciels (192.0.0.240)., SUErrorUpdateServerName=192.0.0.240, SUErrorRelatedCode=SUErrorCodeScanCatalogNotFound, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://192.0.0.240:8088/index.sucatalog, NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://192.0.0.240:8088/index.sucatalog}

Jul 2 23:04:42 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: Scan got error Aucune réponse du serveur de mises à jour de logiciels (192.0.0.240).

Jul 2 23:04:42 macbook.local softwareupdated (200)[318]: Ramped updates marked

Hop this message can help, thanx !

No anwser from server software update (192.0.0.240)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.