Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show my caller ID switching itself off

I have had issues with my iPhone 5 not receiving calls and going straight to voicemail. When trying to dial out I get "call failed". Incoming texts are taking hours to reach me. I've had a replacement sim card from o2 but still having the same problem. Reading over similar issues on the forum people suggest making sure "show my caller ID" is turned on. It have done this and it keeps turning itself back off again. I have tried restoring my iPhone but its made no difference. I constantly need to keep turning the caller ID back on. I've no idea if this is a network or hardware issue. Any advice would be much appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 5:08 PM

Same problem with Show My Caller ID. Turns itself off or gives constant spinning wheel. Can't make outgoing calls.

8 replies

Dec 27, 2017 11:58 AM in response to Kimmyb2309

I keep having people tell me that my caller ID is showing up as private or

when I call one place it tells me that they number does not take calls from

blocked numbers. The thing is the setting in "Show My Caller ID" is green

or on. But the only thing that works is turning it off then back on. This will

work for a few days then it will go back to acting strange.

iPhone 7 IOS 11.0.3 AT&T.

This has been going on sense I got the iPhone 7

I may give up on the iPhone if this is not fixed.

Mar 9, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Kimmyb2309

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5s. The "Show my Caller ID" option keeps switching itself off. It never did this and then just started happening all of a sudden. My carrier is AT&T. Apple says that it is a carrier network issue. AT&T says that it is a device issue. Apple did a complete backup & restore of my phone, and that did not resolve the issue. AT&T replaced my SIM card and that did not resolve the issue either. Does anyone else have this problem and a possible resolution??

Show my caller ID switching itself off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.