Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S front facing camera freezes when switched from rear to front

Alright, I'm a Cell Phone Technician and I work on mainly Apple stuff, thats what I prefer to work on versus some other phones that we work on. I have good experience and have been doing this awhile so before anyone starts the insults I would appreciate if you didn't. Just wondering, my co worker had done an iPhone 5S and when they brought it in for the screen replacement he had changed out the screen and put a new one in. After market of course, but not the front facing camera isn't working. The app opens, the rear facing camera is working as well, the only problem that occurs is when you want to switch to the front facing camera from the rear camera. Anyone know what could have caused this or have an idea? It got bumped into my lap because I have a bit more experience than him and I can't figure it out. I've also replaced the original front facing camera with a whole new flex and proximity cable. Let me know! Thanks guys!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 11:19 AM

1 reply

iPhone 5S front facing camera freezes when switched from rear to front

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.