Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug in my iphone 4 this pops up: The iphone ''^FILENAME'' could not be updated because it may be corrupt. I tried deleting my backups, but that didn't work. Please help!

When I plug in my iphone 4 this pops up: The iphone ''^FILENAME'' could not be updated because it may be corrupt. I tried deleting my backups, but that didn't work. Please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 11:45 AM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2014 6:57 AM in response to Aragorn83

Hi Aragorn83,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand how concerning it can be when you get an alert that a file is corrupt. There are some good troubleshooting steps, attached in the article below, that will help you troubleshoot this situation. The article includes steps for both an Apple computer and a Windows computer.

What to do if iPod can't be updated because the firmware file was corrupt or not found

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1813

Have a great day,

Joe

Aug 6, 2014 11:43 AM in response to joe_73

There is one file in the Iphone software updates folder, and I tried moving it to the trash bin, but the same message appeared on itunes when I plugged in my Iphone. Do I need to delete the file from the trash bin or is there something else wrong? Also, when I open chkdsk it opens and immediately closes. Is there something wrong there? Thank you so much for your help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.