Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple T.V. in a weekend cottage rental

I have a cottage that I will be renting on the weekends. It has a WIFI connection. I do not want the expense of cable t.v. Would APPLE T.V. be a good option for this situation. Is there very much content that you could watch without subscriptions, i.e; local news, t.v. shows, etc...? What would an be inexpensive subscription that might be good in this situation. What about giving guests passwords for use...risk involved?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 2:20 PM

1 reply

Aug 4, 2014 4:34 PM in response to SemperFi Steve

I don't think it woud be that useful - it is not a TV tuner - it is primarily aimed at renting/purchasing from iTunes store or showing content from an iTunes library on the LAN.

Yes it will have YouTube and various other 'channels' but many require subscriptions, and content is country specific so check in your country on Apple's site for available 'channels'.

Using Apple T.V. in a weekend cottage rental

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.