Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth working poorly.

Hi,

I have an iMac 13,1 (i5 2,7ghz - 8 gb).

I've connected my magicmouse, keyboard, the belkin's numeric pad and a Samsung Sound System (MM E430) via Bluetooth.

When I listen to music, from time to time the music goes on and off.

Data:

-70 dBm to -65 dBm

Codec: SBC

Signal seems to be OK.

Any help, please?

Thanks!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 2:06 PM

1 reply

Aug 6, 2014 7:18 AM in response to MSchul

Hi there MSchul,

I would recommend taking a look at the last three troubleshooting steps in the article below.

Bluetooth Quick Assist

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1153

1. Reduce potential signal interference
    Because Bluetooth works by transmitting signals through the air, some things can interfere with connections. Avoid situations in which metal objects come between your device and computer. Don't put your computer under a metal desk or in a metal cabinet. Keep your computer away from cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other electrical devices that operate on a 2.4 GHz bandwidth. Make sure that your device and computer aren't more than 30 feet apart from each other.
  2. Restart your computer
    Sometimes a simple restart of your Mac is all it takes to get things running smoothly again. You may also want to try resetting your computer's PRAM and NVRAM.
  3. Reset your Bluetooth device
    Try turning your device off and then on again. If that doesn't resolve the issue, see if you can reset your device—refer to the documentation that came with your device for instructions.

-Griff W.

Bluetooth working poorly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.