Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have followed the above steps w/ no resolution. I welcome suggestions

I have followed the above steps w/ no resolution.

I still get the same error message that iTunes was not installed correctly

I welcome suggestions

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 6:02 PM

3 replies

Aug 7, 2014 12:23 PM in response to WhitmoreLake

Hello WhitmoreLake

Continue your troubleshooting with the article below. Remove iTunes and make sure to remove iTunes and the other software in the order that the article that you came from stated. Once that is done, empty out the Temp folder. If you are still having issues, the additional troubleshoot should be able to sort it out.

Issues installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

Regards,

-Norm G.

Oct 21, 2014 7:15 PM in response to norm123

I, too, have the same issue. I've followed the instructions given, including going through the full uninstall process. My Temp folder is empty.
Yet I cannot even get iTunes to download from Apple's website on Firefox--though it seems to work sometimes on Explorer (gag).

When I do finally get it downloaded and the installer running, I get "An internal error occurred" and the installer quits without having actually succeeded in installing iTunes.
I've found no article on the Support site that mentions this issue, nor any details on the error or why it occurred.

Help? This happened, the "internal error occurred" problem that is, when iTunes tried to update itself most recently (September-ish--I don't recall exactly) and the recommended solution was to uninstall and reinstall.
It uninstalled OK, now I can't get the bloody thing to reinstall, and it's rather frustrating that my music and podcast library is no longer so accessible. Sure, I could use VLC Player or similar, but I'd like to stay subscribed to podcasts and all, which I can't do through that program.

Nov 5, 2014 2:09 PM in response to WhitmoreLake

I had the same issue, it was only when I uninstalled all Apple products and software, did a clean up with CCleaner and Iobit ASC, did all security scans, Malware, Spyware, Virus'. Then rebooted my System. After reboot, did a second scan with CCleaner, and removed any remaining registry keys and files that appeared.

Then I went to www.apple.com downloaded the latest version of ITunes and installed it, after which I rebooted my system again. As soon as my system rebooted and was up and running, ITunes automatically started. If you don't want it to start automatically when you boot up your system, go to 'Start' and type 'System Configuration' in the 'Search Bar' and hit enter, then click on the 'Start Up' Tab in 'System Configuration', uncheck ITunes if it has a check mark in the box, click apply, then Ok. Some computers will request that you restart your system for changes to take affect.

I also reinstalled QuickTime and had no issues with using my existing registration key.

I hope this information is helpful to those who use it.

All the best,

Rob

I have followed the above steps w/ no resolution. I welcome suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.