Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep magazine subscriptions from auto archiving? I want to save on my Ipad

I have a magazine subscription. I have to constantly re-download the older issues. How do I stop the auto archive, as it takes a long time to reload the issues...?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 6:52 PM

5 replies

Aug 4, 2014 7:17 PM in response to FoxFifth

Appreciate your input, but I don't see a gear shaped icon. To access my subscriptions I open the newsstand app and select the subscription. The Library opens all issues I've bought for this magazine. If I haven't use my Ipad in a little while, all the magazine subscriptions show only the download button and I have to reload any issue I want to open.

Aug 5, 2014 1:11 AM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth wrote:

It may vary by magazine. On the one subscription I have, I tap the library icon at the upper left and then when in the library (of all the dates available for the magazine) at the top right there is a gear-shaped icon and one of the settings in it is auto-archive.

Same thing in NatGeo, although Auto-Archive is the ONLY setting they offer. There doesn't appear to be a setting for when that happens.

How do I keep magazine subscriptions from auto archiving? I want to save on my Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.