Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture folder showing images not contained in projects within that folder

Hi Everyone,

Having some strange issues in Aperture. I have two folders in my library, let's call them "A" and "B", which each contain projects related to those folders. I have a project within Folder "A" called "Project 1" that contains images. I also have a project within Folder "B" called "Project 2" that contains different images from "Project 1". Now here is where it gets strange...When I select/highlight Folder "A" in the inspector pane, as expected, I only see the images in "Project 1" since that is the only project in Folder "A". But when I select/highlight Folder "B", I see all images from both "Project 1" and Project 2" despite them being in different folders. Can someone please help explain why this is happening and what I can do to fix this?

Library structure below:

MY LIBRARY

---FOLDER A

------Project 1

---FOLDER B

------Project 2

Thanks in advance!

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 9:24 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2014 3:03 AM in response to SocalMusic

1. Are you sure you have selected B and not A? When you select A and B, the Browser will show the combined contents of A and B.

2. Is there an Album in B that contains Images from Project A? When you select a Folder, the Browser will show the contents of every container subordinate to the Folder, excluding Smart Albums. (Smart Albums' contents are displayed only when directly selected.)

3. Repair your Library anyway. As with every computer file (e.g.: your Library), never use one without having a backup.

Aperture folder showing images not contained in projects within that folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.