Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano 7th Generation not connecting to itunes

I bought my Ipod nano in January of this year, and have been using the same computer and operating system to access Itunes since I brought it home.

As of this month, whenever I try to connect my Ipod to Itunes to sync my music, it states a message consisting of "An Ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly." I had updated the version of Itunes, so with the research I did in the forums, I uninstalled Itunes, reinstalled, and restarted my computer. I then connected my Ipod and it connected. Hooray. While syncing music, it then popped up a message saying that the music files I was trying to sync were not compatible with my Ipod. I checked the file type; AAC. I disconnected my Ipod, reconnected, and it displayed the first message yet again.

I have used this computer and many of the music files on my previous Ipod nano 5th gen before I purchased my new one, and everything worked perfectly.

I haven't found any other forums that really address this issue, so any help is appreciated.

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 7:42 PM

1 reply

Ipod nano 7th Generation not connecting to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.