Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after the last update(7.1.2) i couldn't find personal hotspot in my iPad 2.

after the last update(7.1.2) i couldn't find personal hotspot in my iPad 2 Wifi+Cellular. I did everything like reset network setting, restore to factory setting and set up as a new iPad but no change. My iPhone 5's carrier is 16.2 and after update to 7.1.2 it automatically ask me for carrier update but my iPad 2 ask nothing and the carrier is 16.1. Please, help me to solve this problem.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2, wifi+cellular

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 5:29 AM

7 replies

Aug 30, 2014 1:57 PM in response to jason269

My iPad 2 is 2nd generation. I used personal hotspot before this update(7.1.2). But now apple says only 3rd generation could use personal hotspot and also my 3G option is gone. What is this?. I thought updates for betterment, for more options but here it is totally opposite. If so than please give me a way back to the previous iOS version cause I hardly need that personal hotspot. I attach some pic for understand the issue more clearly.

And thanks for your co-operation. Please help me😐

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Aug 30, 2014 2:29 PM in response to Rahat Bin Aziz

The Personal Hotspot feature is not available on the iPad 2. I have no idea how you could have been using it before as you claim. BTW, your screenshots do not show up.

System requirements

The table below lists the iPhone and iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) capable of Personal Hotspot and which connections they can use to share cellular data with another device:

USBBluetoothWi-Fi
iPhone 4 or later
iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G*
iPad (3rd generation or later) Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* On iPhone 3G, Personal Hotspot is referred to as Internet tethering.

To connect to a Personal Hotspot, your device requires:

• Wi-Fi: Support for 802.11g/n using WPA2 encryption.
  • USB: Mac or PC with iTunes 9.2 or later installed.
  • Bluetooth: Mac OS X v10.4.11 or Windows.

after the last update(7.1.2) i couldn't find personal hotspot in my iPad 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.