Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4 I also have about 30 Kodack photo CDs that I wish to convert from PCD to Jpeg but Mavericks will not see the files, they are grey. Is there any way to convert them?

I have an iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4 I also have about 30 Kodack photo CDs that I wish to convert from PCD to Jpeg but Mavericks will not see the files, they are grey. Is there any way to convert them or must I do it on another machine?

Kaibil

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 12:26 PM

Have a look at this swiss army knife for anything pictured

www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/

10 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:24 PM in response to notcloudy

iPhoto used to support the PCD format up to a few years ago. It's extremely frustrating that Apple decided to no longer support this format and now I'm directed to pay nearly $40 for an app that will (GraphicConverter 9). Did Lemke Software make a deal with Apple so we'd have to pay a premium for a very overpriced converter? And, how are decisions like this supposed to encourage the use of iPhoto?

Apple users already pay a premium to use a Mac. Obstacles like these eventually destroy loyalty to the Apple brand. Just ask Microsoft how their back room deals that exploited their customer base worked out for them.

Mar 31, 2015 2:55 AM in response to The Klek

Well, to be fair to Apple, paying that "premium to use a Mac" provides you with free Mac OS X upgrades and a whole suite of free software. However, it is frustrating that iPhoto no longer supports the PCD format, but neither does a lot of software now.

Anyway, iPhoto won't be supported for much longer once the new Photos app for Mac OS X is officially launched. Very much looking forward to it. iPhoto is over 13yrs old now and was designed in an era before people starting taking thousands more photos because their camera (aka smartphone) was always on them.

I have an iMac running Mavericks 10.9.4 I also have about 30 Kodack photo CDs that I wish to convert from PCD to Jpeg but Mavericks will not see the files, they are grey. Is there any way to convert them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.