Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano wont start up

Hi can anyone help??? my ipod nano 5th gen wont turn on its stuck on the apple logo. ive try updating and restoring but still nothing.

iPod nano

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 1:14 PM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2014 7:51 AM in response to daz.brennan2

Hi daz.brennan2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there is an issue with your iPod not starting up normally. Take a look at the article linked below, it will walk you through the possible ways to resolve the issue with your iPod nano.

iPod only shows an Apple logo and doesn't start up

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1399

If this happens, the iPod software may have been damaged. Put iPod into Disk Mode, then restore or update iPod's software.

1. Put iPod into Disk Mode.
  2. iPod should appear in the iTunes Source pane and on the desktop or in a Finder window, or in the My Computer window.
  3. If a message appears that says the volume could not be mounted and asks if you want to initialize the disk, choose to initialize iPod's disk. Use Mac OS Extended format (HFS Plus) if you have a Mac, or FAT32 if you have a Windows PC.
    Warning: This process cannot be undone. All of your songs, videos, and other files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
  4. Follow the steps to update or restore iPod. If you manually put iPod into Disk Mode it may need to be resetbefore you can use it.
  5. If you cannot put iPod into Disk Mode after performing these steps, it may need to be repaired. You can arrange for repair at the iPod Service Website.
    In Europe, please schedule a service appointment with either an Apple retail store or a local Apple Authorized Service Provider.
    In Australia, simply complete the online iPod service request form or take your iPod to a local Apple Authorized Service Provider.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Nano wont start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.