Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.3 update, podcasts won't update

Updating podcasts had stopped working, so I updated to the latest release (11.3) but it still doesn't work.

iTunes shows "last updated" as current time, so clearly thinks it's updating, but it's not. Sometimes, the update arrow spins round endlessly until I quit the app, but mostly it spins once, accomplishing nothing. I've tried manually updating an individual podcast, nothing; I've tried (from suggestions in other forums) unsubscribing then subscribing again, but it makes no difference.

When I first tried to view all my music by "songs" after updating, the window was empty, with no songs showing in the main music list and in all playlists. They did appear when changing to another view (e.g. albums). This only got fixed when I dragged a new mp3 into the window, and then they all appeared.

Any suggestions other than downloading an alternative app?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 2:21 PM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2014 2:58 PM in response to BeckyK

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.MediaLibraryService

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash. Relaunch the application and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Aug 30, 2014 2:20 AM in response to Linc Davis

Sorry for my delay in replying, this had righted itself - through no apparent effort on my part - but the issue is back. So I just tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestion - do you have any others?

(FYI, I have also just installed the latest update from Apple: 11.3.1 and restarted)

11.3 update, podcasts won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.