Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does it mean when your imessage doesn't say delivered and does not resend as a text?

this only happens with one person

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2014 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2017 6:12 PM

Yes someone please help me... I have been trying to text my girlfriend for 2 hours now and I’m sending me messages and it’s not giving me any errors there just simply not sending... It’s not saying delivered in small letters under my text... So if anyone can help me please reply to me ASAP 😱

7 replies

Aug 5, 2014 10:09 PM in response to Shaqtus

Hi there it could be a result of your recipient's phone being in airplane mode or off at the moment so the device would send as a text message (green bubble). Its probably not a problem on your end... if you'd like you could send a message to your own iMessage email or number and you will notice its sent as an iMessage (blue bubble) so it isn't that iMessage servers are down at that moment.

However should your problem persist then go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Note that doing this requires your passcode. This will clear your current cellular and Wi-Fi network settings, including saved networks, Wi-Fi passwords, and VPN settings. SO you would have to enter all the passwords again.

Hope this helps

Apr 30, 2016 11:07 AM in response to Shaqtus

Don't think for a second that you are blocked!

There are numerous reasons why your message did not make it to its destination. One reason could be that the person phone service is off and is not in wifi range. Another could be that that the phone is turned off or dead. And another reason could be that the phone is on airplane mode.

If you do think you are blocked... Try contacting the user some other way and asking them.

what does it mean when your imessage doesn't say delivered and does not resend as a text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.