Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro x audio engine crashes constantly

Hello

You can see my operating system down below. I am having multiple problems with Logic pro X, it's almost impossible to work with.

First of all, even if I have only 1 audio track recorded in the project, when I try to record another midi/audio track project crashes and logic keeps giving the

''System overload'' message. Only with 2 tracks!!

Changing buffer size is not a solution, I have to work with 1024 anyways-which causes latency in audio recordings, cause 32 wouldn't work at all.

I get jittering, digital distortion all the time.

I don't know if the problem is some incompatibility with my operating system & sound card etc... But since I got Logic Pro X these problems are constant and again working is almost impossible!

User uploaded file

Another problem is I recently reformatted my macbook, installed Logic Pro X and the audio library is not complete even I downloaded all additional content.User uploaded file

I can't tell what's wrong and I would appreciate it if I could get some REAL support.

Thank you.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9), I/O - Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 3:51 AM

8 replies

Aug 6, 2014 4:17 AM in response to jellyx

Well, I'll try to give you some "real" support, but keep in mind that you'll almost exclusively find fellow-users here, who are doing this voluntarily, as am I.

The info you provided sadly doesn't really reveal anything useful to troubleshoot. So, here's the inquisition:

What exact version of OS 10.9 do you have? .1, .2, .3 or .4?

What exact version of Logic X do you have?

What model Mac do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

How big is your startup disk and how much free space is on it?

Do you use any other peripheral hardware?

Are there any other programs running? Which?

Do you have any antivirus or similar software installed?

Do you use Mackeeper or similar "cleaning" software?

When you say "crash", do you mean that system overload, or do you mean Logic "unexpectedly quit"?

Aug 6, 2014 4:54 AM in response to Eriksimon

Thank you for replying.

And I didn't mean to offend anyone when I asked for a real support. I know people are doing this voluntarily, but in some cases-in such communities the answers can be irrelevant or unuseful. Guess I just wanted to underline my frustration, these problems prevent me from finishing my work and I don't have a clue what to do..My apologies if that sounded rude.

What exact version of OS 10.9 do you have? .1, .2, .3 or .4? ---- 10.9.4

What exact version of Logic X do you have? ------ 10.0.7

What model Mac do you have? ----- Macbook Pro 15 inc

How much RAM do you have? ---- 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

How big is your startup disk and how much free space is on it? --- 500 GB / 404 GB free

Do you use any other peripheral hardware? ---- M-audio Oxygen 49 keyboard

Are there any other programs running? Which? --- Only Safari

Do you have any antivirus or similar software installed? --- No

Do you use Mackeeper or similar "cleaning" software? --- No

When you say "crash", do you mean that system overload, or do you mean Logic "unexpectedly quit"? System Overload mostly, didn't get the "unexpectedly quit" message yet since I reformatted which is very recent.

Another thing is macbook heats up so much especially now during summer,even if I use a laptop fan to cool it. Do you think that might be the actual cause?

Thank you again for taking time to help me out.

Aug 6, 2014 6:27 AM in response to jellyx

Just a humble hint, no solution. You might want to check what's going on in Activity monitor when it starts choking. I would also run a benchmark test. Although they usually aren't precise but at least they can give you a hint if any hardware component is the culprit.

Otherwise I would suggest to try a different driver for the Saffire. I've had a situation with a firewire interface where the firmware didn't load properly.

You can at least rule Logic out or in by testing with a different DAW, perhaps with a demo version.

Just a shot in the dark...

logic pro x audio engine crashes constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.