Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Handycam DCR-HC53 to mac?

I own a Sony Handycam DCR-HC53. How do I connect it to my mac? I've searched on the Internet for a while and everybody keeps saying that I should use a USB cable called firewire and that iMovie would recognize my camera almost immediately. The thing is I've tried over and over again, but my mac still doesn't recognize the camera. Of course, the camera is switch on, on play/edit mode but even the camera itself doesn't "feel" the connection with the mac. I've read a lot of people talking about the specific version of iMovie that owned, I have iMovie 10.0.4. When I've tried to read the instructions on the Sony official site, it said to connect the camera with a cable called HDV/DV cable to the iLINK. I've found this cable and connected to my camera but there's no way to connect it to my Mac as well. I really need to convert my tapes, please, help me!

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 5:24 AM

11 replies

Aug 9, 2014 3:16 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Sorry if it took so long.

These are all the informations I could find written on the box.

iMac, 27 inches, LED backlighting 16:9, 2560x1440 pixel

Intel Core Processor i5 quad core 2,9 GHz, 6MB of cache L3

8 GB of SDRAM DDR3, 1600 MHz, 32GB supported

Hard disk 1 TB 7200-rpm

Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, 512 MB of GDDR5 memory

2 Thunderbolt ports, support for Mini DisplayPort device and high speed I/O

SDXC card slot e four USB 3 ports

Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T

Wi-Fi 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0

Wireless Keyboard eand Magic Mouse

OS X and iLife preinstalled

I hope this is what you were asking for. Forgive me if I'm so stupid.

Sony Handycam DCR-HC53 to mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.