Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relaying not permitted iPhone 5C-gmail

Suddenly getting this error out of the blue. Tried resetting STMP setting on the outgoing primary server, but when I go to the primary server everything is greyed out so I can't enter my user name or double check PW/change the port.

Now what?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 7:17 AM

11 replies

Aug 6, 2014 11:22 AM in response to ITSupportJason

ITSupportJason wrote:

Any update on this? I have a number of users reporting this problem. Just spent a few hours trying to update SMTP setting, deleting/readding etc...

Everything I've found online doesn't solve the problem.

Search before posting. It appears to be an issue with Gmail and not related to any of your users devices at all.

Aug 6, 2014 11:36 AM in response to Templeton Peck

IT is not issue with email. Just add one gmail account other than what you already have in your ios device and as soon as you add new gmail account all smtp server ports will be updated and works. It seems funny but worked well for me. You can delete the account you added now and your primary gmail accounts resume to work well:))

i had this issue since morning and it happened all of the sudden , by adding another account to my iphone , all emails are working perfectly again.

Aug 6, 2014 11:41 AM in response to ITSupportJason

IT is not issue with email. Just add one gmail account other than what you already have in your ios device and as soon as you add new gmail account all smtp server ports will be updated and works. It seems funny but worked well for me. You can delete the account you added now and your primary gmail accounts resume to work well:))

i had this issue since morning and it happened all of the sudden , by adding another account to my iphone , all emails are working perfectly again.

Edit

Aug 6, 2014 11:41 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck that isn't very helpful. Lets assume someone with an IT tag has somewhat diligently searched before taking the time to actually post a question. I think that would be a little more helpful than your response.

marjanfromrichmond hill, thank you for the response but unfortunately I've already tried that. As I stated above, google searching has come back with numerous solutions but none of them are working in this case. When I saw this post I thought perhaps there was a current bug. The test subject I'm using has three gmail, two hotmail and two exchange mailboxes on the device. Removed everything and starting fresh by adding one-by-one hasn't done anything to resolve the issue. All gmail accounts fail, hotmail works, exchange works.

Aug 6, 2014 11:46 AM in response to ITSupportJason

You have added back the same gmail accounts can you add a totally new gmail account? The one never was in your device before? Because when I remove my existing account and add them back did not help me but when I tried adding an account never was set up in my device before, it worked. Then I deleted that account and worked.

Relaying not permitted iPhone 5C-gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.