Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take bold off of the desktop icon font on my MacBook Pro?

I thought I did it in the past, but I can't figure it out now. I am looking at the desktop icons on my MacBook Pro, and the font is bothering my eyes. I am trying to take the bold off, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I saw where to change the font size and the grid options, but not specifically the bold. Any ideas?

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 10:31 AM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2014 10:25 AM in response to CoachSimpson31

Hi CoachSimpson31,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like what you may be looking for is the customization window for desktop files and folders. There is no option for bold text, but there is an option to adjust the text size that may be helpful to you.

Mac Basics: Desktop

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3737

Customize your desktop

You can change the size of icons, arrange them in a grid, and set other preferences for items on your desktop by changing the view options on your desktop. To change your desktop view options, click the desktop, and then choose View > Show View Options from menu bar. You can try the different settings to see which ones you like—you will immediately see the effects of your changes.

Have a great day,

Joe

How do I take bold off of the desktop icon font on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.