Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't mail from godaddy when using safari

Running 10.9.4 on Macbook. I use godaddy for my email and I am no longer able to send mail when using Safari as my browser. I use Firefox and godaddy and mailing, et al works fine. Have reset Safari with no luck. When trying to mail from godaddy/safari combo nothing happens and then message that effort timed out and must sign back in to godaddy account. Mail never sends. Am I destined to just use firefox? Should I trash my Safari and reload? Where can I download latest version of Safari? Thanks for the help.

MacBook (13-inch)

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 12:54 PM

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2014 12:54 PM in response to srbrinker

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

can't mail from godaddy when using safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.