Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some movies are not syncing into iTunes , while others are . I checked and they are all .mp4 , and is there any other way to sync movies to my ipad ?

I have tried to sync movies installed on my windows (Breaking Bad) to my iPad so i can watch the series on it , but when I try to insert the episode to iTunes nothing happens

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 1:26 PM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2014 8:25 AM in response to ckhoury13

Hey there ckhoury13,

It sounds like your video files may be incompatible with iTunes. Here is an article that will help you determine if your video files need to be converted before they can be moved into iTunes:

iTunes: Frequently asked questions about viewing and syncing videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2729

What video content works with iTunes and mobile devices?

iTunes:

• Video content purchased from the iTunes Store.
  • QuickTime and MPEG-4 movie files that end in ".mov", ".m4v", or ".mp4" and are playable in QuickTime Player.
  • Video podcasts.
  • iTunes Digital Copies.
  • iTunes Store Movie Rentals (Requires iTunes 9 or later).

Mobile Devices:

• Video content purchased from the iTunes Store.
  • Videos that have been shared to iTunes using QuickTime Player (Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard).
  • Videos that have been re-encoded for iPod with QuickTime 7 Pro.
  • Videos that have been re-encoded for iPod with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and others. Refer to Exporting a movie from iMovie HD to iPod for an iMovie HD tutorial.
  • Video Podcasts that have been created for mobile devices.
  • Video files after using the iTunes File > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone version option.
  • Video files after using the iTunes File > Create New Version > Create iPad or AppleTV version option (iPad and AppleTV only).
  • See below for detailed movie specifications.
  • iTunes Store Movie Rentals (Requires iTunes 9 or later).

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Braden

Some movies are not syncing into iTunes , while others are . I checked and they are all .mp4 , and is there any other way to sync movies to my ipad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.