Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini with OS 7.1.2 suddenly will engage in uncontrolled actions such as opening and closing pages, switching between apps, expanding and minimizing pages etc... uncontrollably and I have to shut the mini down to stop the uncontrolled actions

My iPad Mini #1 with OS 7.1.2 began uncontrolled actions recently. While reading a book in 3M Cloud App the pages would expand and then minimize on their own and then the uncontrolled action would open other apps and do the same by uncontrollably expanding and minimizing different pages in that app and then the actions would move on to another App and open it and expand and minimize pages and open different pages etc . . . Initially I thought the problem was connected to the 3M Cloud Library App so I deleted it on my Mini iPad and also in iTunes on my iMac and downloaded a fresh app to install on my Mini. However, that did not affect the problem. The uncontrolled actions start in any app and begin every time I open my Mini to the point it is becoming useless. Please help as I don't have a clue as to the cause of the problem or how to go about fixing it.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Have a iMac with 10.7.3 Lion OS.

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 1:42 PM

10 replies

Aug 30, 2014 4:07 PM in response to terryfromtucson

If this is still happening have you contacted APPLE support with the problem (same question to other posters).

If it is always after a certain length of time with active use - it may be overheating causing wear and tear on internal components.

Or - a bug in the software is causing sudden replay of what you just did.

Had similar issue with work owned IBM think Pad due to age and use in office area that was warm (not my choice) - it behaved as though the track mouse or keyboard was stuck - repeating same single character - open/close folders- would have to do quick shut down by pulling the pad out of dock and pulling the battery out -- solution - was to get new lap top after PC techs cleaned it and it still happened.

Sep 6, 2014 2:01 PM in response to debrafromkelowna

Thanks for trying. I went to the Apple Store here in Tucson. The first Apple person I spoke to simply went to the shelf, got a new trackpad and exchanged it for the old one without requesting any payment. Apparently there is a secret warranty on the Apple trackpads as they can develop an acquired sensitivity to their faces which cannot be removed.

My iPad mini with OS 7.1.2 suddenly will engage in uncontrolled actions such as opening and closing pages, switching between apps, expanding and minimizing pages etc... uncontrollably and I have to shut the mini down to stop the uncontrolled actions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.