Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Desktop 3.3 transfer from an old MacBook Pro new MacBook Pro

I have a 10 seat license for Remote Desktop 3.3 I want to transfer it from an old MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 to a new MacBook Pro running 10.9.4 First will 3.3 run on Mavericks. Second do I have to de-authorize the software on the old MacBook Pro first? I've already tried the install fix posted at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4055, but it hangs up after I put in the serial number. I would appreciate any help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 5:31 PM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2014 1:42 AM in response to MarkInThePike

try updating to the latest version 3.7.2

3.3 is quite old and doesn't have support for maverick

Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.2 Admin

• Fixed scanner issue causing wrong IP addresses to be displayed
  • Changes to view order of screens in multi-observe mode
  • Support for OS X Mavericks
  • Automatic copy and paste between local and remote computers
  • Improved support for Mac systems with multiple displays and multiple IP addresses
  • Enhanced multi-observe with gesture support for swiping between screens
  • Improves overall reliability of the Remote Desktop application and screen sharing sessions

Remote Desktop 3.3 transfer from an old MacBook Pro new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.