Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I verify my identity with apple support?

I am trying to use the cloud wt my iMac iPod touch, and used my cell phone to try and verify myself. I use a a small older cell phone, kinda like a cricket. Anyway, when I receive the verification code,there were two codes sent. One was a larger 5 digit code, while the other was a smaller 6 digit code only viewable, by opening up the text. I started to enter the 5 digit code, and then noticed that you needed the 6 digit code. I couldn't seem to erase the code I had begun to enter. So the code was entered incorrectly. When I tried to enter it correctly, I receive the message stating because the Security Code was entered Incorrectly too many times you must verify with Apple Support before trying again. So I choose the option too verify wt Apple Support. I am sent to this link http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/keychain/ My question is how do I verify my identity wt Apple using this link? It is probably very obvious, but I can't seem to figure out, how to verify my account.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 7:33 PM

3 replies

Aug 9, 2014 2:14 PM in response to greenmind

Hey greenmind,

Here is a link that will help you with that question:

iCloud: Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5813

Can Apple recover my iCloud Security Code?

No. If you enter your iCloud Security Code incorrectly too many times, you won't be able to use that iCloud Keychain. You can contact Apple Support, who can help verify your identity so that you can try again to enter your iCloud Security Code. After a number of incorrect attempts, your iCloud Keychain is removed from Apple's servers and you will need to set up iCloud Keychain again.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Aug 10, 2014 1:23 PM in response to braden85

How does one go about resetting up their iCloud keychain? I am very willing to do that. Can that be done w/o contacting apple support? Paying a fee to apple for support is not something, that I want to do, especially since I am quite sure, that I only entered the code sent to my phone incorrectly one time. Also since, I have already spent well over a grand on my iMac, and iPod touch, I don't want to have to pay extra to be able to use the cloud. Mac gave away Mavericks for free. It might not have been completely free. First there is the fee to use the newest iPhoto, and now we have to contact apple support to enable the cloud.

How do I verify my identity with apple support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.