Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer apps from iPhone 4s to 5s?

Hello,

I have a buch of apps, some of which are very important for my work. I've been reading and wrestling with a solution for several hours now. Can someone please offer some advice on this topic?

Thank you,

Trey

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 8:31 PM

12 replies

Aug 7, 2014 3:03 PM in response to sberman

Thanks again, but you lost me on that one. Sorry! I'm not sure how to get to the bit about authorizing the Apple ID and password.

Also, are you just suggest that so I can change my user name and password? I'm asking/ confirming because I was able to accomplish my first problem which was to get my apps off my phone and into iTunes.

Trey

Aug 7, 2014 3:12 PM in response to entrevon

No, I am not suggesting you change any username / password.

I am only suggesting you add one as being authorized on iTunes on your computer.

I assume you have a username "User1" that is authorized on iTunes currently, and you have an additional username "User2" that owns one or more apps on the iPhone. I assume you know both User1's and User2's passwords.

In this case, open iTunes on your computer. Go to Store > Authorize This Computer from iTunes' menu. Enter User2's username and password. Then both User1 and User2 will be authorized. Then sync.

How do I transfer apps from iPhone 4s to 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.