Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to drag song to ipod v 11.3

I just installed itunes update 11.3 - suffice to say I hate these updates and wish it was still the old one. But lets move on.

I normally would just find a song I wanted to drag to my ipod by selecting it in the music library and simply dragging it over to the left menu where the ipod device was there.

now that they have totally changed the way it looks, there is not ipod device on the left menu.

help - how can I do this simple task? I have done it this way for years and now maybe I should go back to the old version? How do I do that? Thanks SO MUCH!!!

Posted on Aug 6, 2014 8:43 PM

4 replies

Aug 9, 2014 4:44 PM in response to pedro d

Hi Pedro, thank you for taking time to help. Perhaps I was unclear. My ipod shows up in iTunes. That is not the problem.

The problem is this is a new version and they have changed most everything and I used to drag my songs to the ipod. I think I got it to work by moving the song to the right but it is very confusing.

so my question is: in this new version, what is the proper way to drag a song to your ipod?

Thank you.

Aug 11, 2014 12:03 PM in response to bchap-lawrence

I just saw that when I do select a song or podcast with my mouse and drag it to the right the device (ipod) Slides onto the screen. I then drag the song or podcast to the device and it DOES seem to copy but DOES NOT give the green plus arrow - but the progress bar up top reads "preparing" and "copying" -- maybe this version has no Green Plus sign to mean "adding" but now seems to work nonetheless.

My podcasts show up as just "artists" like a song artist... but they are there on my ipod.

Well thanks you actually helped me see how this works. Hope your own issue solves.

how to drag song to ipod v 11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.