Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is broken. When will Apple fix this?

* Purchases made on my iPad or iPhone aren't automatically added to the home library, despite settings in the preferences.

* iTunes insists "all purchases have been downloaded," but searching the store reveals purchases that are not in the library.

* Previous purchases in the library show "$0.99" instead of the iCloud icon; clicking the "$0.99" downloads without additional purchase.

* Sorting songs by date of purchase or date added omits huge chunks of recent purchases/downloads; a search of the library reveals the files are indeed present.

* Library files are routinely corrupted, probably due to all the bugs like those documented above; library must be deleted and rebuilt every few months.

* Choosing podcasts results in repeat appearances of the SBBOD.

* Even after installing an SSD as the primary drive, iTunes is unbearably slow--in fact, it is the only app that is unbearably slow.

* iTunes asks for my Audible login multiple times daily; I haven't been an Audible user for at least five years; you'd think iTunes would learn to stop asking.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Has anyone heard if the new iTunes beta helps with any of these myriad problems? I am a 25+ year loyal Apple user, but this application is simply unbearable.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 4:56 AM

13 replies

Nov 17, 2014 9:21 PM in response to David J. Downs

What is with Apple?? Are you guys changing things just for the sake of changing things? I seriously don't see any improvement in the latest version of iTunes. In fact I seriously think you guys have gone all out to screw us, and make things hidden and totally illogical to use. Have you started employing microsoft engineers to do your design work??

Just a simple act of looping one song is a hard enough task.

Stupids.

Nov 17, 2014 10:38 PM in response to revilo838

I hear you revilo838, this seems to be standard practice for Apple now. Each 'new' iteration of a long standing app (and the OS for that matter) removes features & functionality. I don't know who is giving them advice but I can't imagine that it's coming from people who actually use the apps.
It's all about eye-candy, not functionality. Form over function.

iTunes may have been looking old but at least it was easy & intuitive to navigate. Now it is just plain confusing.

For example... I was looking for a song in the iTunes Store. The search came back with the expected results & listed them under 'Songs' and 'Albums' as you'd expect so I clicked the big header of 'Albums' nothing happened. Clicked again. Nothing happened. ***?!?! I think. Then I notice that over to the right is a tiny list that says 'Songs' and 'Albums'. I click that and it takes me to the albums.

Ummm... why not just leave the header as being a clickable link rather than moving it to a list over the other side of the screen? That is just change for changes sake.

And don't get me started on that rubbish that is the 'Get Info' window. It is shocking to use. You have no idea what can and can't be typed into until your actually try.

May 25, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Rysz

Rysz wrote:

BTW, some of us prefer less distracting icons.

Ummm... at the the risk of sounding rude but... less distracting from what?
It's a music library & player. The icons (and sidebar) exist to aid navigation and use. If you're sitting there staring at them 'getting distracted' then you're doing it wrong...

The new format & layout makes navigation difficult and confusing and, as seems to now be the way with the direction everything is going with Apple, is linear rather than organic (ie - iOS style rather than OSX style).
Changes like this bring up the bigger issue of Apple's which seems to be to make the OS behave more like the iOS.

Sorry Apple but I don't want or need my $4000 iMac to be acting like a giant iPad!

May 25, 2015 3:32 PM in response to RexRox

I agree with rexrox, it's like trying to use an elfin' iPad. I don't need an eight core 2.93 acting like an iPad either. iTunes used to be a joy, now it is a selling platform for apple and **** the loyal users we just wanna sell music.

Can't you make an intuitive UI and sell music. LOOK AT THE FEEDBACK FOR PETES SAKE!!!! every thinks iTunes 12 is a POS!

As soon as steve died apple has been going down hill. They may be making money but it at the expense of actual high quality software.

iTunes is broken. When will Apple fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.