Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Keyboard Deactivated Internal Keyboard

Hello,

I have a 2008 Intel Macbook Pro, and after using an external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, the internal keyboard and mouse no longer work. Does anyone know how to reactivate these? I have tried restarting and disconnecting the external keyboard and mouse, but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 6:42 AM

17 replies

Aug 7, 2014 10:51 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Ok, thanks. But the thing is, I can't get to the recovery disk, because my keyboard automatically turns off when my computer goes off, so I can't hold down the keys necessary. This was actually what made me realize I should get the internal keyboard working again. What is the difference between installing OS X from the recovery disk, and just doing it normally?

Aug 8, 2014 5:43 AM in response to jimmeh248

This article gives a bit of background information (not particularly helpful):

Apple Wireless Keyboards: Using startup keys

However, I would try a restart while holding the option key down to see what happens. I would also reset the SMC while the wireless devices are turned off.

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Barry

External Keyboard Deactivated Internal Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.