Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant reboot loop OS X 10.5.8

I have a white MacBook with 10.5.8. I bought the Snow Leopard discs in order to upgrade the OS, but the Optical Drive would not read DVDs. So Apple sent me a Superdrive free of charge only to find out that they were only made for MacBook Air and Pros w/ Retina display. Determined to figure something out, I found a site (http://www.hardturm.ch/luz/2011/10/how-to-make-the-macbook-air-superdrive-work-w ith-any-mac/) that seemed successful for people with the same issue. I followed the directions and made the one change in the library to get the superdrive to work on my MacBook. I then restarted my computer and noticed that it kept rebooting. I let it do this for almost 2 hours with no further success. I pushed the "D" key upon startup and ran a test where everything checked out fine. I have opened single user mode using "command+s" where everything checks out. I have held down "shift" on start up but do not have access to disk utility although it will attempt to read the Superdrive in this case. I don't think resetting the computer would do much since it cannot read DVDs or the Superdrive. Is there anyway to access my Library/Preferences/... in Single User Mode to change things back to the way they were so I can at least open my computer back up? Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 11:25 AM

There are no replies.

Constant reboot loop OS X 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.