Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have songs on my iphone with a cloud next to them that will not download

I have a few recently purchased songs on my 5S that have a cloud next to them. Usually I can just click the cloud and re-download them, but these will not download. The cloud changes to a download circle for a second or two and then just goes back to a cloud. The songs work and play fine in iTunes. Creating a new playlist and adding these songs yields the same result. I even unchecked the sync music setting and killed all songs on my iPhone... then re-checked the setting and let them all sync back to the phone with no improvement. Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 11:26 AM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2014 9:36 AM in response to tweilerman

Hello there, tweilerman.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up a good checklist of steps to try, as it seems you are not connecting to iTunes on your iOS device:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

Troubleshoot issues on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
  • Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update (iOS 5 or later) or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clickingCheck for Updateon your device's Summary page.
  • Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to cellular data, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  • Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. You can check the user guide for your device for help with connecting to the Internet.
  • Make sure that other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the issue persists, trytroubleshooting your Wi-Fi networks and connections.

If you still find the issue persists, use the information in this article to report your issue:

How to report an issue with your iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1933

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Aug 12, 2014 6:44 AM in response to tweilerman

Had already tried all of that... here's what finally worked:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

A major pain as I had all my data, but had to set up all my wireless, Bluetooth and notifications (etc.)... but at least I can enjoy the songs I purchased. Found it odd that an Apple device could not sync songs purchased from Apple with an Apple application 😉

I have songs on my iphone with a cloud next to them that will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.