Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundsticks iii (bluetooth) simultaneous audio streaming with iMac

Hi!

Looked around for this but cannot seem to find a straight answer! I have just purchased some of the soundsticks iii speakers by harmon kardon.

I want to play music through them and my imac at the same time.

I have tried to set it up with 'audio midi setup' as a blog suggested - but to no avail.

I have also read something regarding the airport express - but was unsure whether the speakers would connect to it as I understand it uses airplay.

Thanks!

Reece

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 11:47 AM

2 replies

Aug 9, 2014 8:43 AM in response to reecewallis

Hello there, reecewallis.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information in regards to AirPlay and playing your music through multiple sources:

iTunes: About playing music with AirPlay

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4325

Listen through multiple speakers

With AirPlay and iTunes 10 or later, you can listen to music through your computer speakers and multiple AirPlay outputs.

The maximum number of outputs is three to six. The number that works for you depends on your environment (such as building composition and local radio interference), distance to the outputs, and available network capacity relative to your other usage.

Control multiple speakers

You can use the Multiple Speakers window to control the volume of your output devices.

User uploaded file

The sound from your AirPlay output device may seem louder or softer because of the acoustics in the area, and the sound may be different compared to the sound from the same device in a different area.

You can adjust Master Volume in the Multiple Speakers window or use the main volume control in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. If you set the softest output to match the Master Volume, you have more precise control over that output when you adjust the Master Volume. You can set loud AirPlay outputs to a lower volume to better control the extra power.

User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Soundsticks iii (bluetooth) simultaneous audio streaming with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.