Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Qmaster File Agent not found

I just upgraded Compressor 4.1.1 to Compressor 4.1.2. Repaired permissions, restarted machine.

Made new project in FCP 10.1.2. Exported Master self-contained file. Took that into Compressor to make a DVD. This procedure worked in Compressor 4.1.1.

Got error message that said :

An internal error occurred: Apple Qmaster File Agent not found.

Did search on forums. Going into Library-->Application Support didn't help. Couldn't find Compressor or Qmaster files there.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 1:42 PM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2014 5:16 AM in response to SSteele

Sounds like you went into the system library. To access the Home library, in the Finder menu, click on Go and hold down the option key to reveal the library option from the drop-down. If you intend to trash the Compressor folder, and you want to keep your custom settings, copy the Settings folder before deleting the Compressor folder.

Russ

Aug 8, 2014 5:27 AM in response to Russ H

Thank you for your reply.

Last night after further searching I did find the trick about accessing the hidden Library in the Home folder. I trashed the contents of the History Folder within the Compressor folder that I had seen recommended in another post. After repairing Disk Permissions yet one more time, I restarted my Mac Pro, and I did not get that error. I thought I was home free--not so.

This morning I again submitted a revised project in Compressor after tweaking the project late last night in FCP.

I got the same error message about the Apple Qmaster File Agent not found.

So are you saying I need to trash the whole Compressor folder?

I will copy the Settings folder first. Thanks for the reminder.

Sharon

Apple Qmaster File Agent not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.