Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the "on this device button" in Itunes 11.3. Does not show up with my Iphone 4

where is the "on this device button" in Itunes 11.3. Does not show up with my Iphone 4 for syncing as the instructions say it will.

Consequently adding playlists to my Iphone is a drag to process that has to scroll the left pane to work and is cumbersome.

Not having a separate pane for Iphone or Ipod to drag selections to seems ridiculous. Like having only 1 window in the finder.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 3:18 PM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2014 9:12 AM in response to GK1951

Hey GK1951,

This pane will show itself once you have hidden the sidebar in iTunes:

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

Show or hide the Status Bar and Sidebar

In iTunes 11 you have the option to turn the Sidebar and the Status Bar on or off; they are off by default. To do this in the menus, go to:

• Show Sidebar - Choose View > Show Sidebar (this feature will display iTunes features on the left side of the application including Library, Store, Shared, Genius, and Playlists).
  • Show Status Bar - Choose View > Show Status Bar (this feature will conveniently display the number of items and playback time for a category, for example, music or movies).

User uploaded file

Although, you can find out what songs are on your iPhone through the sidebar by clicking the triangle by your device’s name to reveal options below the device and select “Music.” Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

where is the "on this device button" in Itunes 11.3. Does not show up with my Iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.