Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Targus SD Card Reader Not Working On MacBook Air

I recently purchased a Targus SD Card Read for my MacBook Air because the computer does not have an SD card slot. For some reason it is not working at all. I am trying to upload photos to the computer, and I have looked for solutions all over the internet for hours. I have no idea what else to do. Can anyone help at all?

Thanks in advance!!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 8:06 PM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2014 8:15 PM in response to Jockel123

Try using the Image Capture app located in your Applications folder to import the photos to your Mac.

Connect the Targus USB device.

The USB device should show up under Devices top left side of the Image Capture window.

Now look at the bottom left side of the window. Click the: Connecting this (device) opens: pop up menu and select an application to import your photos to.

You can also select a folder to import photos from the Import To: pop up menu.

Select the photos you want to import then click Import or Import All on the right.

More help is available from the Image Capture menu bar. Click Help > Image Capture Help

Mac Basics: Connect your camera or camcorder

Targus SD Card Reader Not Working On MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.