Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media key: Play, Rewind and forward not working with iTunes anymore. Other keys work normally.

It all seems to happen after using some other players, and the 3 keys (F7, F8 and F9) just don't work with iTunes anymore. Or should say they don't work with any players!

I have 2 MacBook Pro s all have the same problem.

They're not broken, but just need to be adjusted.

I found some posts, about using apps: FunctionFlip and SizzingKeys to control them binding with iTunes. I did try but one of mine Mac still not working. Besides, it's just a substitution, and you'll have to keep these two apps open.

I just want to know if there's any way to adjust it to the way it should be??????

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), both old pro & retina have the prob

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 7:23 PM

If you recently installed the Google Music extension in Chrome, try uninstalling it. That extension hijacks the function of the playback keys in iTunes.

2 replies

Media key: Play, Rewind and forward not working with iTunes anymore. Other keys work normally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.