Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson 7620 No Airprint

Hi, recently purchased a Epson WF-7620 and it works great except for Airprint, I have tried connecting directly to the printer using wi-fi direct and also through my home network.

When I try and print using an iphone or ipad (latest IOS) the app finds the printer ok all the time but when i press print the printer starts up and the activity led flashes and just before it prints the error led on the printer comes on and the printer screen message says error printing code 0xDA.

I can print using the Epson Iprint app from both devices ok but not via Airprint.

Would rather use Airprint so I can print emails.

Epson support are of no use at all.

Can anyone help.

All devices are on the same network, have resetted all devices numerous times but still same result, Printer is the latest firmware.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 9:08 PM

14 replies

Aug 7, 2014 9:57 PM in response to ilduce26

The Epson printer is on the Airprint list. Is the printer connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and is it connected via Wi-Fi and not directly to the computer? Have you checked to see if there are any firmware updates for the printer? Have you been able to search Epson support for the error you describe? Can you check this support document for help? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

I would check to see what Epson support says about that error code.

Aug 8, 2014 5:29 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks again Chris, yes I agree all they keep telling me to do is to reset everything and keep sending me instructions on how to set up the wifi connection. They also told me to use the photocopy function as this might fix it:-). They don't inspire me with confidence, any way thank you for taking the trouble to reply, it really isn't a big deal just curious why it won't work.

May 13, 2015 7:37 AM in response to MBH-DK

I had same problem but found that if I go into the EpsonNetwork Config and select Launch Browser, Safari opens at the address to which the printer is connected. Within this page is a menu on the left where you just got into basic setup and then you can enable AirPrint. Everything works fine now. I was not able to find the AirPrint enable anywhere else. Hope this helps.

Oct 12, 2015 7:38 PM in response to ilduce26

I have the Answer.

After 3 hours of looking on Apple support and Epson support and installing, re-installing software, updates, etc etc.

I have a Epson WorkForce 7620 printer that is suppose to be air print ready and couldn't get air print to work on my iPhone/ipad/or mac.

After installing Epson software and going through the set up process the "add printer" would only recognize the printer as a "Fax Printer". I could enter the IP address manually and was able to print from mac and iPhone using "pro printer" app. I was not able to print from iPhone "Notes" by selecting the "Print". Notes could not find an "Air Print" printer.

After almost 3 hours of frustration and 3 transfers with EPSON tech support, the problem was resolved in less than 5 minutes.

1. Print out your test page on your printer that will give you the network IP address and Default Gateway.

2. Use an iPad, iPhone, or Mac and open Safari. (Tech guy had me use iPad because I was on the iPhone)

3. Enter IP address into your safari Browser example ip address (111.158.1.23) I made up the numbers for an example.

4. You will get an error message. click on the bottom option "continue".

5. You should see an Epson WF-7620 Series on the top. Go down to the "Basic Settings" on the left hand side of the screen.

6. Go down to the "AirPrint Setup"

*Steps 7 and 8 might be reversed I am going through the steps and Enable AirPrint is grey and I can't remember which order I did it with Technical support.

7. Top Priority Protocol: it is directly above the "OK" button. Click on the arrow to the right and select "Port9100"

8. Enable "Enable AirPrint"

9. Select "OK"

10. Select "Back to Main"

You should now be able to open "Notes" and select print and see your WF7620 printer which is now able to AirPrint.

Hope that helps and saves you frustration, and time.

Epson 7620 No Airprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.