Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have got an old laser jet 5000n printer and i need to download a driver to the mac to get them to talk to one another and the printer to work. Can anyone tell me what i need to do as I'm having trouble on Hewlett Packards website.

Hi I have got an old laser jet 5000n printer and i need to download a driver to the mac to get them to talk to one another and the printer to work. Can anyone tell me what i need to do as I'm having trouble on Hewlett Packards website.

I have an iMac running OS X 10.8.5

and a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 5000 N with an ethernet crossover cable running between the two.

Anyone assist please.

Mark

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Laserjet 5000N

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 2:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 8, 2014 5:48 AM in response to iampaintz

iampaintz wrote:

I have an iMac running OS X 10.8.5

and a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 5000 N with an ethernet crossover cable running between the two.

Anyone assist please.

Mark

Try Gimp Print, you can find drivers at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net.

However if you are connecting the printer via Ethernet to your router all you need is the printer's IP address and OS X can print that way. Please read Apple's advice in OS X: How to connect to an IP-based printer or AppleTalk printer via IP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.