Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is IPHPublishServiceFacebook trying to fill in my Apple ID for the Apple web site???

Made a couple of reservations at the Genius Bar tonight, and both times Safari suggested "IPHPublishServiceFacebook" for the login and password for "iphoto.apple.com". I canceled it both times and filled in the proper Apple ID.

I went into Safari Preferences/Passwords to delete the reference, but could find nothing for either "IPHPublishServiceFacebook" or "iphoto.apple.com".

So what the heck was this, how do I get rid of it, and how in the name of all that is holy did Facebook become involved with iPhoto? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 3.5GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion HD

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Identify and remove adware/malware

http://www.thesafemac.com/arg/

http://www.thesafemac.com/mmg/

7 replies

Aug 8, 2014 4:53 PM in response to dominic23

Ran the adware removal script and found a single plist file in the trash afterwards for TimeMachineEditor, an app I had tried a few weeks ago and then removed. Don't know if this was the actual cause of my problem, but I then launched safari, went to the genius bar page, and the prompt for IPHPublishServiceFacebook did not appear. I consider the problem solved. Thanks!

Aug 8, 2014 5:12 PM in response to dominic23

Well, looky here. While trying to resolve another problem (wi-fi network won't accept password), I found this in the system keychain. Seems to be Apple-related and has nothing at all to do with TimeMachineEditor. Don't know why the adware removal script flagged the TME plist file or why the problem disappeared after running the script….

Is it safe to remove this item from the keychain?

User uploaded file

Why is IPHPublishServiceFacebook trying to fill in my Apple ID for the Apple web site???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.