Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with larger font

I thought if I made the font size on my iphone 4s larger it would take effect on everything on my phone. all my apps, email etc . WRONG. The only thing that has taken the change is when I open emails. The font is so large it overlaps and is unreadable. Totally pointless. When I take the font size down to where the overlap is negligible there is not much change in the size of the font from the original so is still quite small.

Is there a way to increase the font size so that it effects everything I read on my phone. If not, the phone is useless to me as I struggle to read anything on it.

My last phone I was able to change the font and it applied to everything I read on the phone.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2014 9:44 AM

Hi Carolmaggie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want to make all fonts larger and easier to read on your iPhone. The first article below explains how to increase font size in apps that support Dynamic Type, it sounds like you've already done this but there may be additional information in article that you're interested in. And, the second link below is for the iPhone User Guide, which describes the Zoom feature and walks you through enabling it.

iOS: Adjusting the font

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5956

iPhone User Guide

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Zoom

Many apps let you zoom in or out on specific items. For example, you can double-tap or pinch to expand webpage columns in Safari. There’s also a Zoom accessibility feature that lets you magnify the entire screen of any app you’re using. You can use Zoom together with VoiceOver.

Turn Zoom on or off. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom. Or, use the Accessibility Shortcut. See Accessibility Shortcut on page 127.

Zoom in or out. Double-tap the screen with three fingers.

Vary the magnification. With three fingers, tap and drag up or down. The tap-and-drag gesture is similar to a double-tap, except you don’t lift your fingers on the second tap—instead, drag your fingers on the screen. Once you start dragging, you can drag with a single finger. iPhone returns to the adjusted magnification when you zoom out and in again using the three-finger double-tap.

Pan around the screen. While zoomed in, drag the screen with three fingers. Once you start dragging, you can continue with just one finger. Or, hold a single finger near the edge of the screen to pan to that side. Move your finger closer to the edge to pan more quickly. When you open a new screen, Zoom goes to the upper-middle of the screen.

While using Zoom with an Apple Wireless Keyboard (see Use an Apple Wireless Keyboard on page 27), the screen image follows the insertion point, keeping it in the center of the display.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2014 9:44 AM in response to Carolmaggie

Hi Carolmaggie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want to make all fonts larger and easier to read on your iPhone. The first article below explains how to increase font size in apps that support Dynamic Type, it sounds like you've already done this but there may be additional information in article that you're interested in. And, the second link below is for the iPhone User Guide, which describes the Zoom feature and walks you through enabling it.

iOS: Adjusting the font

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5956

iPhone User Guide

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Zoom

Many apps let you zoom in or out on specific items. For example, you can double-tap or pinch to expand webpage columns in Safari. There’s also a Zoom accessibility feature that lets you magnify the entire screen of any app you’re using. You can use Zoom together with VoiceOver.

Turn Zoom on or off. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom. Or, use the Accessibility Shortcut. See Accessibility Shortcut on page 127.

Zoom in or out. Double-tap the screen with three fingers.

Vary the magnification. With three fingers, tap and drag up or down. The tap-and-drag gesture is similar to a double-tap, except you don’t lift your fingers on the second tap—instead, drag your fingers on the screen. Once you start dragging, you can drag with a single finger. iPhone returns to the adjusted magnification when you zoom out and in again using the three-finger double-tap.

Pan around the screen. While zoomed in, drag the screen with three fingers. Once you start dragging, you can continue with just one finger. Or, hold a single finger near the edge of the screen to pan to that side. Move your finger closer to the edge to pan more quickly. When you open a new screen, Zoom goes to the upper-middle of the screen.

While using Zoom with an Apple Wireless Keyboard (see Use an Apple Wireless Keyboard on page 27), the screen image follows the insertion point, keeping it in the center of the display.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

problem with larger font

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.