Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phantom Duplicate Podcasts in iTunes 11.3.1 & iOS 7 & Podcasts 2.1.2

This has been happening only for the last few versions (since maybe the last few versions of 11.2.X) every time i sync it creates a duplicate listing of any pre-existing podcast episodes. i say phantom because i don't think these duplicates actually exist on the device only in the list shown in iTunes (they don't show up on the device they also don't seem to be transferring or taking up any additional space) the only way i have found to resolve this is that every time i have to sync i must do it twice (at least) by unchecking sync podcasts syncing to remove all podcasts (which actually doesn't seem to reliably remove the episodes by the way) then sync again with the sync podcasts checked.

Anyone else seen this one?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 8:58 AM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2014 4:51 AM in response to ubernaut

Yes, I've found the same, although it only just happened in the past week. iTunes 11.4. Frustrating. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it!

Note: In fact, I discovered that it affected only 1 podcast stream--and that I did have duplicates on my Mac. Deleting those did not, however, delete the entries in iTunes.

I take it that one should try unchecking "Sync Podcasts" in the iTunes Podcasts tab and clicking Yes to remove podcasts from device?

Oct 31, 2014 11:38 AM in response to ubernaut

The issue is really annoying. On my phone (and in iTunes) it keeps Unsubscribing me to all the feeds and on my phone it keeps duplicating the feeds.

The play counter is all over the place in each of these too. Episodes keep popping back on as unplayed, downloaded episodes that are actually Unplayed keep deleting themselves. This app is an absolute nightmare.

User uploaded file

Phantom Duplicate Podcasts in iTunes 11.3.1 & iOS 7 & Podcasts 2.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.