Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Qmaster on 10.9 + compressor 3 and 4

Dear people from apple support,

I've been struck by the incompatibility issue between qmaster preference pane and mavericks 10.9.

Following Fred Turner's (Qmaster 3.5.3 conflict with OS X 10.9 Mavericks) and Martin Pace's (How to set up Qmaster with Terminal in Mavericks) posts I managed to acquire some info about the issue and began trying to unveil it, with no success I'm afraid.

Compressor 3 won't show any cluster, it won't even allow "This computer" feature:

User uploaded file

as you can see. 'submit' button is grayed out.

Here is my -list print from qmasterprefs:

Current settings:

-allowBonjourDiscovery off

-sharingType servicesAndQuickCluster

-launchContentAgent off

-log 3 truncate on

-statusMenu on

-cluster on autorestart off servername "clusterloko" quickclusterservername "clusteeeeer" maxactivetargets 40 maxactivesegments 400 storagepath "/volumes/videolan1/qmaster/" privatestorage off publishedstorage on storagecleanupthreshold 7 unmanagedservices on unmanagedmulticapturethreshold 0 networkinterface allinterfaces log 3 truncate on

-service "Compressor Processing" on sharing on instances 3 autorestart off unmanaged on log 3 truncate on

-service "Rendering" on sharing off instances -1 autorestart off unmanaged on log 3 truncate on

And here is the cluster's situation on batch monitor:

User uploaded file

My guess is that I might be causing this by having compressor 3 and 4 installed simultaneously, would that be the problem? Should I uninstall one of them?

I'm not familiar with C4 environment at all, but I assume that it is a lot less complicated than previous version. Do you guys think I should stick with it and leave C3 behind (since I has already been paid for). Here is what C4 shows in it configuration (no additional instance available):

User uploaded file

The only thing that binds me to C3 is a lot of custom presets I made, if there were a method to take it to C4, I think I could move forward 🙂

So, does somebody have any leads?

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 12:09 PM

5 replies

Qmaster on 10.9 + compressor 3 and 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.