Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous Beachball during sync since upgrade to 10.9

Since upgrading to 10.9.x (10.9.4), I have not been able to sync my iPhone 5S. I am running iTunes 11.3.x. I have tried the suggestions in other posts about deleting the Sync_Services file and letting it run for hours with no success. Does someone have another suggestion? Would rather not carry my iMac into the Apple store.

iMac 24"

OSX 10.9.4

iTunes 11.3.1

iPhone 5S (7.1.2)

Thanks

Ron

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), iTunes 11.3.1, iPhone 5S IOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 6:17 PM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Ref_Ron

Hey there Ron,

It sounds like your iTunes application is becoming unresponsive when you try and sync your iPhone. The following article should help you get that issue resolved, named:

iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3219

Start with these steps and test the issue again. There is additional troubleshooting in the article to be done if you need it:

1. Test with automatic syncing disabled.
    • For Mac OS X: Click the iTunes menu and choose Preferences. Click the Devices tab and place a check next to option to "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically." Click OK.
    • For Windows: Click the Edit menu and choose Preferences. Click the Devices tab and place a check next to option to "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically." Click OK.
    Reconnect your device and test to see if the issue still occurs. If your device is recognized successfully, you may be able to isolate which type of data is causing the issue. Do this by deselecting all syncing options under each of the syncing tabs and then sync. After that, re-enable your sync options one at a time until the issue returns.
    Note: If the issue only occurs when syncing data from the Info tab is enabled (For example: Contact, Calendar, Mail account or Bookmark syncing), reset the Sync History (for Mac OS X instructions see this article, for Windows see this article).
  2. Check your device for podcasts. If there are any podcasts, manually delete all podcast episodes from the device by sliding your finger across the podcast episode's name and tapping Delete. Once all podcasts are removed from your device, reconnect it to the computer, open iTunes, and test.
  3. If possible, test to see if connecting your device to a different computer with the latest version of iTunes installed resolves the issue.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Continuous Beachball during sync since upgrade to 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.