Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard cover left residue on keys

Hey y'all

I have had an unknown brand keyboard cover on my 2011 13 in. MBP for the past year or so. I decided that I no longer wanted to use it, so I took it off. The problem is, it seems to have left some kind of residue, almost like a soft adhesive, on the faces of multiple keys. It isn't so much sticky as it is abrasive in a way, similar to wiping a dry finger across tight cellophane. I suppose it isn't a big deal, but I would like some recommendations on how to best rid my keys of this residue.

Also, the main reason I removed the keyboard cover was because I had read that they can be damaging to the display because they may press on the screen when the "lid" is closed. Is this true, or should I not be worrying myself in the first place?

Thanks, all.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 9:04 PM

1 reply

Keyboard cover left residue on keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.