Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari could not establish secure connection to my localhost with self signed certificate

was using maven+grizzly+jersey to start my own server. I created self signed certificate so that my server can support https. I case you are curious, following is how I generated my certificate

I was testing this on my iMac (Running Mavericks) Now, I added the server.cert to the system keychain so that all users can trust this certificate. Also, I change the trust level to "Always Trust".

I get this work in Chrome and Firefox. They asked me to add exception for this certificate, I did and then everything goes fine. However, I have never make Safari(7.0) happy. I always get the error saying that Safari cannot establish secure connection to my localhost.

Does anyone have any idea why it happened? Or is there better way to debug this problem so that I will be able to tell at which step things goes wrong.

Thank you in advance. I really appreciated it.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 12:33 AM

There are no replies.

Safari could not establish secure connection to my localhost with self signed certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.