3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2014 11:06 AM by Csound1
myork1226 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

So my mom recently bought a new iPad (air) and she wanted to restore from her old account, which makes sense. We are giving our old iPad to my cousin, so I was wiping that one, so that they can start clean (and not have our stuff on it). My mom doesn't have iTunes on her netbook, and uses her iPad for the internet and basically everything, so I did all of the restoring from my mac. I then re-logged into my own Apple ID, and thought I was good to go. I bought a couple of albums off of iTunes with my phone, and tried to put it into my iTunes library to sync (you know, where you click the little cloud-arrow icon) and I got the 90-day wait for the ID. I usually wouldn't care, but the only place where the songs pop up are in the Recently Added playlist. They don't show up in my library. I'm worried that they'll be lost in 2 and a half months, and I won't have them on backup.

tl;dr I tried to be helpful and got screwed. What do I do with the 90-day ban so that I don't lose recently bought music?

• Limnos Level 8 Level 8 (41,440 points)

iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627 - In connection with, "When you turn on iTunes Match or Automatic Downloads, or when you download past purchases on an iOS device or computer, that device or computer becomes associated with your Apple ID." "Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days."

It sounds like as part of doing things for your mother you associated the computer with her Apple ID.  You then tried to change back to re-download your purchases to your computer from the Store because the first download was done to your phone.  Read the section above very carefully because it outlines the specific instances where you hit this timer.

Transfer them from your phone to your computer, do not try to re-download them from the Store.

• myork1226 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Right, I've read that multiple times, and I know that's exactly what happened, but thanks. I still have 60 days go to; I'm going to lose all of the songs I bought. At this point, twenty of the forty songs that were in my "recently added" playlist are now gone. I don't know how to retrieve them, and all I know is that they're on my phone, but not backed up. How, exactly, do I transfer them from my phone to my computer? I realize that I need to, but I don't know how.

• Csound1 Level 8 Level 8 (41,655 points)

You will not lose any, regardless of what you do. They will always be available for download from your iTunes account.