Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cinema Display 27" No signal at all to custom built PC/hackintosh! Help!

Hi!

I've used my hackintosh comptuer for a while now (yes I know this is the wrong place to talk about hackintoshes lol, but I thought I'd give it a shot, as I own other apple computers such as an iMac, Macbook Pro, Ipad, iphone etc. And also this gorgeus Apple Cinema 27" Display.

I have a 27" DELL screen connected already, which works like a charm (using a DVI-D cable).

But now I bought a new screen (an Apple Cinema Display 27"), and I bought an adapter from minidisplayport to displayport which goes into my graphics card.

Specs of computer:

Asus Sabertooth x79 motherboard

GeForce GTX 660

Intel 3930k processor

etc.

I get absolutely NO signal what so ever to my apple cinema display 27" which is connected to the displayport input of my graphicscard. But I tried to connect the Cinema Display to my Macbook pro and it works absolutely fine.

I read something about UEFI problems with displayport/cinema displays

but is there a fix for it? I really need to get my brand new cinema display to work with my hackintosh! It was expensive as **** aswell.

please, someone help me. I would so much appreciate the answers.

Thanks alot!

Best,

J

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 8:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2015 12:07 AM in response to braggan

I have the same problem with a nvidia card. I bought an adaptor from minidisplay port female to displayport male in order to use the monitor with that graphics card.

I had the same result as you: black screen.

It should works as after all you can use a thunderbolt as a displayport.

But, it is not the case. Read this:

http://superuser.com/questions/540751/how-do-i-connect-an-apple-thunderbolt-disp lay-to-a-pc

We can not use our screen in other computer rather than mac.

Apple Cinema Display 27" No signal at all to custom built PC/hackintosh! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.