Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iTunes for windows and it will not burn CD's anymore. Once I create them they won't play. I've tried downloading the latest version of iTunes, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

I have iTunes for Windows and it wont burn CD's anymore. I've tried downloading the latest version of iTunes but that doesn't fix the problem. When I try to burn a CD it will go through the steps, but once the CD is created it won't play. Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 4:54 PM

1 reply

Aug 11, 2014 7:11 AM in response to DJBentley2011

Hi DJBentley2011,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there is an issue burning CD's in iTunes. Is the playback issue only occurring on a specific device and does the disc show up correctly in iTunes? The article linked below should help you resolve optical drive issues, it walks you through identifying potential issues and provides troubleshooting suggestions.

iTunes for Windows: iTunes Diagnostics, CD/DVD Drive Tests

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1567

I hope this helps.

-Jason

I have iTunes for windows and it will not burn CD's anymore. Once I create them they won't play. I've tried downloading the latest version of iTunes, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.