Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with apple tv for college

OK, i have searched for an hour or 2 and have not found a satisfactory answer to my problem so I decided to write my own.

Things I own : Macbook Pro

Apple Tv

USB to Micro

HDMI cables

First off my problem is a wifi/airplay problem

Alright so here is the dealio, To get my Apple Tv to airplay with my Macbook Pro I have to have them both on the same wifi. So when I click to connect to The wifi Which is a WPA2 Enterprise Wifi in which for the Apple TV to connect to I need to have a profile installed on it. From what I had read that meant I need Apple Configurator for Mac. So i got Configurator and hooked my Apple TV to the computer with the USB to Micro. I was able to create a profile as needed (or at least I think i did, you'll find out why in a second) So i clicked to confirm the profile for my apple TV and it made it to the check mark of Profile Success! So when I turn my apple tv on I still can't connect to the internet. I don't know what I did wrong. Here are some things that i dot know if they are useful but I know them:

I know the Ip, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS, Secondary DNS and the MAC Address of the wifi. Some other things also is that when I connect my Apple tv a pop up comes up for i configurator and i used that pop up to guide me through. My apple tv does not show up under the devices heading under supervise (if it is even suppose to i don't know)

Please help any suggestions are welcome especially if they are an original problem-solution over the Try these links:

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2014 4:52 PM

First, you'll need to connect your AppleTV to your college LAN with the help of your college IT admin.

Next connect ATV hdmi cable to a TV.

Next connect you Mac to the same network.

4 replies

Need help with apple tv for college

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.